Queens Crescent Veterinary is committed to the continual improvement of our environmental performance in relation to our services and operations.
At Queens Crescent Veterinary we value reducing the impact that the medical industry has on environmental wastage. We aim to reduce the use of single use plastics when possible, and continue to improve our environmental performance.
We have identified the following key environmental impacts associated with the provision of veterinary care at Queens Crescent Veterinary:
- Consumption of electricity, water, gas and oil
- Use of volatile halogenated anaesthetic gases
- Waste production and disposal
- Paper usage
- Transport of personnel and animals
- Procurement and supplies
The company is committed to reducing these and other impacts and to the continual improvement of our environmental performance by implementing the following:
- Only using plastic drapes in an emergency or when fabric drapes are unavailable
- Using Sterilium or reusable brushes that have been autoclaved to scrub into surgery
- Recycling drinking bottles, bags, and containers appropriately
- Reducing emissions by reducing clients driving to the practice on multiple occasions; for example, taking bloods during a booster appointment rather than two separate appointments
- Emailing invoices when possible rather than printing on paper
- Increase cost-effectiveness by reducing our consumption of energy and raw materials
- Reduce waste and carbon emissions both locally and in the wider environment
- Systematically assess the environmental impact of all aspects of our company
It is the responsibility of all employees, visitors and contractors to fully support this policy through active participation and co-operation.
This environmental policy will be displayed at all times and is openly available to all members of the public via our website.
The introduction and implementation of this policy is a commitment of Queens Crescent Veterinary management and a shared responsibility with our employees. Miranda Williams has designated responsibility for day-to-day implementation of this policy.
The policy will be reviewed annually as part of the organizations overall environment management plan.