Taking your pet abroad

The holiday season is coming up!

Many pet owners are not aware of the changes to pet travel since Brexit.

If you are planning on travelling to an EU country (Or Northern Ireland) Unfortunately British pet passports are no longer a thing! Instead, they have been replaced by single-use (There and back) ‘Animal health certificates’ which must be issued within 10 days of travel and are valid for 4 months for getting you back.

The Rabies vaccine is also required for travel and the Animal health certificate cannot be issued for an unvaccinated pet. The Rabies vaccine must be administered at least 21 days prior to the animal health certificate.

If you have any plans for travelling we would urge you to arrange an appointment for the Rabies vaccine.. sooner rather than later!

Please give us a wee call if you would like to arrange an appointment or to discuss the process in more detail.


  • Microchip
  • Valid Rabies Vaccination
  • An animal health certificate (unless you have a pet passport issued in an EU country or Northern Ireland)

Latest News

Outdoor Space

Many of our clients may not be aware that our practice has a lovely back garden in a protected and safe environment to exercise inpatients when necessary. We are very proud of this space as its a unique feature for a Veterinary clinic to have within a city.

read more

Wellness Plans

We have recently launched two new Wellness Plans with PetsApp! Our Wellness Plans are a great way to ensure your pet is kept up to date with vaccinations and appropriate parasite prevention, as well as providing a means to spread out the cost of routine health care....

read more
Our Environmental Policy

Our Environmental Policy

Queens Crescent Veterinary is committed to the continual improvement of our environmental performance in relation to our services and operations. At Queens Crescent Veterinary we value reducing the impact that the medical industry has on environmental wastage. We aim...

read more